This is what we’ve done:
· Air – water pumps and solar panels to heat hot water in the service blocks and in the pools.
· Recycling of the hot air which sucks out hot air from the service blocks to heat hot water.
· Low flushing water taps and toilets to reduce water consumption.
· Reduce the shower times for each shower in the service blocks.
· Replace lighting for LED fixtures which is still in progress.
· No disposable products (almost), we have removed mini soaps / shampoos.
· Electric car chargers installed as part of TESLA’s destination charger program and that we have participated in the electric car chargers project “Elbilslandet på Gotland.”
· Solar cells have been installed and we are now producing our own electricity.
· Food waste is largely recycled, thereby reducing waste mountains and transports.
· Waste sorting of all fractions that our recycling supplier can handle (glass, plastic, paper / cardboard)
· Built a wastewater treatment plant to purify wastewater.
We are certainly doing more things and we are definitely not doing enough. We can always get better. But, and this is important, we strive to make a positive difference.
We don’t lack ideas for further steps. We try to keep up and learn from the development, which is going very fast right now.
Some things we are curious about:
· Battery operation to reduce the load during certain times of the day.
· Increase the number of solar cells
· Recycle water to use it to flush toilets.
· Reduce the use of paper in our service blocks.
· Reduce the use of plastic in the business.